This policy explains how we collect information, what we use the information about you for, the basis on which we collect it and your rights.
The information we hold is collected and managed by the following companies –
- Aubrey Lee Homes Limited – collect your information from: face to face meetings, website registration forms, telephone registration requests
The company has the registered office 39 Bury New Road, Prestwich M25 9JY. The Data Protection Officer for the company can be contacted on email@example.com, 0161 798 8000.
Aubrey Lee Homes Limited oversees all of the data management to ensure that compliance with this policy and the data protection rules.
How we use and disclosure personal information
We and third parties may use your personal data for the following the purposes:
- providing you with a personalised service, which may be for the purposes of buying, selling or renting of residential or commercial property
- to create an account for us to work with you and to identify you, – you agree to this as part of your agreement to use our services
- providing and administering the contracts we provide for you – this is part of the provision of the contract to you
- providing you with information about promotions and products and services we offer – if you have consented to receive such information and not opted out – see below
We will use your data in providing any services you purchase from us or about which you are interested. We may share this information with third parties where necessary to provide the service. This information is all used so we can carry out or obligations or rights under contracts with you or to provide our services. We use your personal information when providing services to:
- assist in completing purchases;
- administer leases
- deal with any queries or meet any requirements of our regulators – this is a legal obligation on us
- deal with any queries or enquiries you may have
Where we process your data, it is subject to our strict internal policy requirements as well as the Data Protection regulations.
The basis on which we hold and process your information is either because –
- you have a contract with us or are considering entering into a contract with us;
- we have a legitimate interest in holding and processing your information, this may be because you are a tenant of a property we manage or because you have previously had services from us and we want to keep you updated with our services;
- you have consented to our using your information.
How long will we hold your personal information
We will hold the personal information we use to meet the requirements of our agreements with you for the period of those agreements and any further period afterwards that we need for regulatory or other legal reasons (such as to defend any claims). This will usually mean that we will hold information for seven years after an agreement ends. We will remove any personal information we do not need when we no longer need it.
Where we have personal information which you have consented for us to use we will hold it for the period the consent remains in force and any other period we need for regulatory or other legal reasons. You may remove your consent at any time.
We will delete any information about you we no longer need. Please see below in relation to your rights to have data erased, rectified or for you to access it and for you to object to any processing or to transfer it.
You have a number of rights in relation to your personal information. These are –
- The right to confirm if we are using data about you and to access details about what we are using and how;
- The right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioners Office;
- The right to request we rectify any inaccurate data corrected or to have data which is incomplete for the purpose we hold it completed;
- The right to be forgotten. Which is the right to ask us to delete information about you and if it is appropriate to do so we will do so;
- The right to restrict what we do with data in specific circumstances, including where the accuracy of the data is contested, processing is unlawful but you do not want us to erase the data or if we only need the data to meet legal requirements;
- The right to receive the data we hold about you in a format you can use to transfer the data electronically elsewhere.
You are also able to withdraw any consent you have provided for use to use your data at any time. This is opting out and the process is set out below.
You can opt out by unsubscribing from any communication you receive from us.
Your privacy and data protection is very important to us and we comply with all aspects of the Data Protection legislation and ensure that any third parties we engage do so. You can find out more about your rights to data from the Information Commissioners Office.
Some data processing may occur in other parts of the European Union (“EU”) or outside of the EU. Wherever data is processed your rights under the Data Protection Regulations will be met and we will ensure that any agreement to process your data ensures this and give you rights in the unlikely event of any security breach.
If you have any enquiry relating to your personal information, you can do so by sending an e-mail to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
(Please note that because of the insecure nature of emails we cannot accept any responsibility for data lost or intercepted in transit.)
Or write to us at:
The Data Protection Officer
Aubrey Lee & Co, 39 Bury New Road, Prestwich M25 9JY
Telephone 0161 798 8000